“Company” means “The Basuto Medical Centre Ltd” registered to Dr Hamish McMichen at 29 Basuto Road, London, SW6 4BJ.
“Member” means a member of the Membership Plan
“Fees” mean any monies payable by the patient to the Company
“Contract” refers to the relationship between the Company and the Member in respect of the Membership in accordance with the Terms & Conditions
- It is a condition of Membership that a Member agrees to pay the fees and agrees to be bound by these T&C
- There are three Membership options currently available and each of the Membership option details are set out in the Membership Fee Schedule.
- Membership fees are payable by monthly direct debit and a minimum contract term of 12 months applies. You may cancel in the first 14 days (‘Cooling off’ period) and then after an initial 12-month period, with 3 months written notice.
- If you cancel during the “Cooling off period” all treatments and consultations that have taken place in this period are to be paid in full at our standard fee rates.
- Cancellations should be made in writing to the Practice Manager and it is the member’s responsibility to ensure their cancellation request has been received and confirmed by the Company
- Membership will be terminated if any membership fee remains unpaid 30 days after its due date for payment. Fees for other services are payable at the time of provision
- Membership Prices do not include any fees for home visits, laboratory fees (except for those specified for the health screens), vaccines, procedure fees and consultations outside of the clinic or clinic opening hours.
- Memberships are not transferable.
- The practice reserves the right to refuse an application for Membership from any applicant at its absolute discretion
- The Practice has absolute discretion on home visits.
2.1 Adult Membership
- A direct debit form, nominating one bank account, must accompany adult Membership applications.
- Additional treatment costs should be paid for at the time of appointment
2.2 Child Membership
- Child membership means that we no longer require a parent or legal guardian to be a Member.
- The parent or the guardian with parental responsibility for the child member is responsible for registration and payments
- When a Parent/Guardian is registering a child, they member must specify if the child will be accompanied to appointment by any other person. If child is accompanied to appointment by an unknown person no treatment will be received without prior consent from Parent/Guardian
- Non- members must pay for all appointments at the time of the appointment and all outstanding payments must be settled at the time of treatment.
- Once made, payments are non-refundable.
- Adult consultations fee is from £130 and a child consultation fee is £120
3 Cancellation and missed appointments
- If the appointment is cancelled with less than 24 hour’s notice the company reserves the right to charge a fee of £75. Where a Member books and does not attend an appointment, the Member will be charged £30 in respect of each missed appointment unless a Member has given the Practice at least 24 hour’s notice cancelling or rescheduling the appointment.
4 Opening hours and Services provided
- Basuto Medical Centre provides fully private GP service to its members within the clinic opening hours.
- The Surgery Opening hours Monday to Friday, 8am – 6.30pm apart from public holidays in England
- The Surgery offers out of hours cover 365 days per year in partnership with Doctorcall who has been working closely with the Surgery for over 15 years. Details on how to get in touch with Doctorcall are available on our overnight answerphone service. Once seen, Doctorcall will send us a report of your visit the next day.
- Appointments are bookable via telephone, email or in person and patients usually have a choice of which doctor they would like to see (depending on availability)
5 Clinical governance and Data Protection
- It is necessary for the purpose of providing patients with full medical care to retain data concerning patient identity, contact details and general health on file. By signing the registration form, you expressly consent to the Company having authority to keep this data for the duration of your attendance at the practice and afterwards in line with Data Protection Act 1998 and with any revisions to the act/further legislation.
- The Company has duty of confidentiality to all our patients and will not disclose any information to any other party unless we have your explicit consent or authorisation to do so by a Legal Body
- All our doctors are registered with the General Medical Council (GMC) and we follow their guidance of good practice in prescribing by ensuring that other services such as your NHS GP are made aware of key actions or test results taken by the clinic, provided you have given us permission to do so.
6 Force Majeure
- A party shall not be deemed in default of this Agreement, nor shall it hold the other Party responsible for, any cessation, interruption or delay in performance of its obligations (excluding payment obligations) due to earthquake, flood, fire, storm, natural disaster, act of God, war, terrorism, armed conflict, labour strike, lockout, boycott or other similar events beyond the reasonable control of the Party, provided that the Party relying upon this provision
7 Third party rights
- No one other than a party to the Contract shall have any right to enforce any of its terms
8 Termination of membership agreement by the company
- We do not tolerate violent, aggressive or abusive behaviour and therefore reserve the right to terminate the contract with any patient who is violent, aggressive of abusive to our staff members.
9 Governing law
- The Contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales